TRANSLATE

Thursday, January 10, 2013

TV: The SIMPSONS ( DVD )


Well last DECEMBER I pledge to finish the series WILL &GRACE which fortunately I did, 8 seasons, 194 episodes and the finale when JACK & KAREN sang “UNFORGETABLE” song in the piano, it made me cry, definitely an UNFORGETABLE funny series.


This JANUARY though I’m putting my unemployed butt to challenge as I pledge try to finish the series I grow up with, the animated American family THE SIMPSONS.  Well the truth is I already started the series mid DECEMBER after I finish WILL & GRACE so I cheated a bit.  But generally I don’t think I can pledge on finishing this series this month, I probably need 3 months to finish a 23 seasons, 494 episodes and still counting as the series is up for its 24th season this year.  The series holds the title as the longest running television series in history, take that redundant SOAPS (LOL) truly a remarkable feat for a TV SERIES.


I started watching the series when I was 11 years old and loved it from then, I even draw the character in my sketch book and remember buying a junk food that taste like crap but still eat it because of the free BART stickers.  I loose touch from the series cause cable isn't available in that time like today, so having it on DVD I get to watch it again and finish its past season before the new one season comes this year.


Well to give you a little info of the series as if you didn't know it yet, it’s a satire of a typical American working class family consisting of HOMER a careless and buffoonish father but very loving to his wife, MARGE a stereotypical American housewife who’s sane enough to manage a crazy family, BART a ten year old troublemaker, my favorite LISA a smart and precocious eight year old who’s an activist with her beliefs, and MAGGIE a baby who don’t speak but communicate by sucking her pacifier.
Together this family makes one hell of a funny series that surely will in a way reflect your family situation, I’m certain there’s a SIMPSON’s in every family

No comments:

Post a Comment