TRANSLATE

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DAY 02 - LES MISERABLES / SENTOSA

DAY 02 – After a very tiring THEME PARK day yesterday, we decided to make this day a free and easy one.  On the itinerary I included the movie I’m so eager to watch since I saw its trailer “LES MISERABLES” and some stroll on the park of “SENTOSA”.




With my love for movies I always include a cinema experience international style at all my travels, I watch “JOURNEY 2 The Mysterious Island” in PHUKET, “THE AVENGERS” and “LOOPERS” in BANGKOK.  I’m supposed to watch a JET LI movie in CHINA before but I don’t think they provide subtitles there.
I've been meaning to watch this movie ever since I saw its trailer where ANNE HATHAWAY belted the sad song “I DREAMED A DREAM”, just timely that it was shown in SINGAPORE, so we watch it.


I already watch the first movie adaptation of the film starring LIAM NEESON and UMA THURMAN so I have the foundation of the story, but this version was way better, it’s visually astounding set decoration and cinematography wise, way better portrayals of characters with emotional impact and the music fits the scenes perfectly capturing situations and emotions of characters.  No wonder this musical film was nominated in all top award giving bodies including the OSCARS.
I did cry on few vital scenes, when ANNE HATHAWAY sing “I DREAMED A DREAM” it’s a very powerful and dramatic scene, and she did all that in one take from what I heard, no wonder she’s getting all the awards for supporting actress role.  Also when new comer SAMATHA BARKS sang the unrequited love theme song “ON MY OWN”, I remember the pain of one sided love, I’m sure we've all experience the pain, ouch.  And when the revolutionist vigilantes were invaded and their all been shot and killed.  Oh add to that when JAVERT committed suicide thinking his life is over now that he cant chase anymore JEAN VALJEAN, and JEAN VALJEAN’s scene where he cross the light.
It’s a really wonderful film and highly recommended, hope you get to see this movie when it hits theaters near you.



Click HERE for the rest of the PICS

OK I must admit the SENTOSA tour wasn't part of the itinerary, its just that the movie ends too late we cant do anything but find a place to have dinner, but we enjoy it otherwise.  It’s just outside the UNIVERSAL STUDIOS SINGAPORE, and near to where we watch the movie.
Check out the pictures, first you will be welcome by the animated MERLION where, a lot of tourist mostly children would take a picture with, then the LAKE OF DREAMS where its blue fountain looks stunning at night, the GOLDEN DRAGON hanging on top on your way to the giant MERLION with red fiery eyes.  We didn't go to the BEACH section of SENTOSA, we have better BEACHES in the PHILIPPINES it seems unnecessary and were hungry LOL.

Well DAY 02 comes to a close, tomorrow will be a busy day and the itinerary is hectic including the ever so necessary shopping, well it’s our last day so we will do everything we can to relish SINGAPORE… 

No comments:

Post a Comment